Carrot Cake Cookies
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup soy protein powder (vanilla or unflavored)
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. all spice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup sticky sweetener (I used a mix of agave and molasses)
1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
1/2 – 2/3 cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F and grease or line with parchment paper 2 cookie sheet trays .
2. With a box grater or food processor , grate the carrots. You will need about 2 large carrots if you’re not purchasing already shredded ones.
3. In a large bowl, add the oat flour, protein powder, buckwheat flour, cinnamon, allspice, salt, and baking soda. Stir or whisk to combine.
4. Add to the bowl the applesauce, sticky sweetener, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract. Stir well until fully incorporated.
5. Fold in the shredded carrots and raisins.
6. Measure out 1/4 cup of batter and roll into a ball. Place the ball onto the cookie sheet and press down until the cookie is about 1/4″ thick. The dough is a little sticky, so if you wet your hands it will help keep the dough from sticking to them.
7. Bake for 9-10 min. or until the center of the cookie is slightly springy to the touch and the dough is no longer sticky.
8. Allow the cookies to cool slightly (about 10 min.) and then transfer them to a wire rack to continue cooling… or just go ahead and eat them