Gluten-free Apple Fritters
1 3/4 cup white rice flour
1/4 cup potato starch
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp. salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
3/4 cups milk (whole milk preferred)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. butter, melted
2 cups peeled + diced apples (approx 2-3 apples)
peanut or canola oil for frying
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
1. In large mixing bowl combine first 10 ingredients (that’s rice flour to melted butter). Whisk well to combine. Stir in chopped apples.
2. Heat a couple of inches of oil over medium to medium-low heat or use a fry daddy (that’s my preferred method). When you drop a little sample of batter you want it to sizzle and rise to the top. If it doesn’t sizzle and rise the oil is not hot enough, if it burns quickly the oil is too hot.
3. Drop small spoonfuls of batter into the hot oil. Once they’re deep golden on one side give them a flip. You’re looking for deep golden brown on both sides and should only take about 2-3 minutes of frying.
4. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
1. Mix all ingredients until smooth and dip the warm fritters.