Gluten-Free Pecan Pie
Unbaked Best Gluten-Free Flaky Pie Crust
1 cup organic coconut sugar (or palm sugar, or coconut palm sugar)
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
3 tbsp. vegan butter, melted and cooled
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1/4 – 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups raw pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the organic coconut sugar, pure maple syrup, vegan butter, eggs, sea salt, and vanilla extract. Stir in the raw pecan halves.
3. Pour the filling into the prepared unbaked pie shell and place the pie on a large baking sheet (just in case the pie spills over).
4. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 400°F.
5. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 30 minutes. The pie is completely cooked through when the top is deep golden and filling doesn’t jiggle. The filling may puff up during baking. If this happens, don’t be alarmed. It will settle as it cools.
6. Place on a wire rack to cool. Cool completely before serving.