Gluten-Free Stuffing with Cranberries and Pecans
Serves 8 to 10
1 loaf Little Northern Bakehouse Gluten-Free Bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (leave crusts on)
10 tbsp. unsalted butter
2 medium yellow onions, diced
2 large ribs celery, diced
3/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
3 tbsp. chopped fresh sage
2 cups Imagine Organic vegetable or chicken broth (gluten-free)
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Spread the bread cubes on two rimmed baking sheets. Leave uncovered overnight to dry.
2. Heat the oven to 350*F. Put the baking sheets in the oven and toast the bread cubes, swapping the pans once during baking, until they’re crisp and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, melt 2 Tbs. of the butter over medium-low heat. Add the onion, celery, and a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is translucent, about 8 minutes.
4. Melt the remaining butter and lightly brush a little all over a 9×13-inch baking dish.
5. In a large bowl, toss the celery and onions with the bread cubes, pecans, cranberries, parsley, and sage. Add the broth and toss. Let sit for a few minutes, tossing occasionally, until all of the broth is absorbed. The bread should be moist, but not soggy. Add the melted butter and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Spread the stuffing in the prepared baking dish, cover tightly with foil, and bake until heated through, about 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the top is lightly browned and crisp, about 10-20 minutes more.