Spice-Rubbed Grilled Ribeye Steak
Its big, beefy flavor and ease of cooking (just 5 minutes on each side directly over the fire) make boneless ribeye steak the king of summer grilling. This simple rub amps up the flavor, or you can season even more simply with salt and pepper and use the same cooking method.
2-1/2 tsp. kosher salt
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 boneless ribeye steaks, about 1 inch thick
Vegetable oil, for the grill
1. In a small bowl, combine the salt, paprika, brown sugar, flour, garlic powder, and peppe
2. Coat the steaks on both sides with the spice mixture. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
3. Prepare a medium-high gas or charcoal grill fire. Saturate a paper towel with oil and hold it with tongs to lightly oil the grill grates.
4. Place the steaks at an angle across the grill grates and grill for 5 minutes.
5. Flip and grill for another 5 minutes, until medium rare, or until cooked to your liking.
6. Transfer to a platter, tent with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
7. Slice the steaks crosswise (against the grain) and serve.